Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Baby O, Sleep Update

The night of my previous post I put O to bed and he slept for 6 hours before waking to nurse.  The next night 6-7 hours.  And the next night I woke HIM after nearly 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.  It was amazing the difference that feeding him more frequently during the day made in his night time sleep.  It seems that as long as I feed him every 2 hours during the day, he'll sleep between 5-7+ hours… BUT that's so hard.  He nurses for a good 15-20 minutes at each feeding so that means I basically have only an hour and a half between feedings to do anything semi-productive.  So, the good news is that I know how to get him to sleep longer, but the bad news is that it's not easy.

My goal is to continue nursing for another month and a half.  I nursed my others longer, but its just too stressful.  If I were sleeping better, and not having to focus so much of my life on nursing, I might continue, but I doubt things are really going to get that much easier in 2 months.

He's such a great sleeper in general though.  I took the picture below when I turned around and found him asleep while I was making dinner.  I had been singing at the top of my lungs, but apparently he didn't mind... just fell asleep in the middle of the kitchen.  He's such a sweet boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment