Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oh, POOP!!

This afternoon I took the kids out the the Library, to Dollar Tree, and then we stopped at Sonic for happy hour slushes.  The plan was to sit outside on the back porch when we got home and read library books while drinking our slushes (a tradition that I had as a child).  We got our slushes and then headed for home.  I was listening to Dave Ramsey on the radio and the kids were chatting and looking at books in the back.  It was a great mom moment… UNTIL...

L started laughing and holding his nose. "We're not going to stop anywhere else!" he chuckled.  I glanced back and could only see my sweet baby O's entire leg COVERED in poop.  I will admit, I've seen a lot of diaper blow-outs in my days, but none this bad.  Maybe I've just been lucky… or maybe this really was one of the worst poopy diaper blow-outs in a car-seat ever.  Either way, it was bad.  We rolled down the windows.  I handed L the entire package of wipes.  He threw O one wipe, but when I glanced back a 2nd time I noticed O waving the poop-covered wipe everywhere.  I tried to convince L to grab it away from him again (before it ended up in his mouth), but he kept saying, "there's no clean place on it."  Thankfully we were only minutes (about a mile) from home and I could take him out and clean him up at home.  I'm not sure what I would have done if we'd been traveling or farther away from home. 

Anyway, here's the photo evidence:

The Happy Poopy Baby

What?!  I didn't do anything.

This is where I'm thinking, "What on earth am I going to do now!?"

Yes, he was covered from toe to face!

Anyone need a new infant carrier car-seat?!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I didn't even add that E threw up all over herself shortly after-- certainly NOt going to miss this kind of day.

    ReplyDelete