Sunday, April 28, 2013

ING Kids Rock Marathon

This year, my oldest son and I participated in the ING Kids Rock Marathon.  It's a non-timed, non-competitive running event for kids in elementary school.  The kids run a cumulative marathon (26 miles) in the weeks leading up to the race (at school and at home), and then complete the final mile on a special "race day."

L and I have been running together for weeks in preparation.  We ran the one mile path to the beach while we were in Florida over spring break, and we've been practicing in the neighborhood in the evenings.

After a run in Florida (over spring break)



My running buddy

Today was race day and we ran our final 1/2 mile for the ING Kids Marathon downtown.

Pre-Race


We're the two in the middle wearing red


Around the final turn

Headed to the finish line!

L with his completion metal


What a great day!
We had so much fun and I think we'll do it again next year... But, I'll make sure to order a special Hound Dog Run T-shirt when they still have smaller sizes.  I was wearing a large shirt and I kind of felt like a large red flying squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment