Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas 2013!

Merry Christmas, from O, E, and L!


After last year's miserable Christmas Flu, this Christmas was exceptionally great!  The kids were all healthy, happy, and excited.  "I used to think being a kid on Christmas was the best thing ever, but it turns out having children on Christmas is the best thing ever!" [quote stollen from facebook]. As my daughter told me last night going to bed, "This was the best Christmas ever!"  Yes. This was the best Christmas ever!

Santa came!

This was one excited boy!

 E's Santa Gift: Barbie Umbrella

O's Santa Gift: Elmo Book

Early Christmas Morning Visit from the kid's great aunt

E and her gift from her great aunt & great-grandfather (& grandparents)

 She loves her "E" and "O" dolls

L and his gift from his great aunt & great-grandfather

O (and cousin) with his gift from his great aunt & great-grandfather

 L's Surprise Gift!

After Christmas Fun with his cousin

One of the best parts of our Christmas, for me, was also hosting Christmas.  My aunt came by in the early morning and brought over some special gifts for the kids (before O was even awake).  Then came my husbands family: grandparents, parents, and three siblings (and families).  After they left, we ran over to my grandfather's house (just down the road) to visit with him for a little bit and see my cousin (and her family).  Then we headed back to my house, made some potato soup, and shared some time with my family: parents, and brothers.  We were able to spend Christmas day visiting with twenty-three (if my addition is correct) family members.

Next on the agenda: Flu shots!  I can not believe, after our experience last year, that we have waited this long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment