Wednesday, November 6, 2013

November Blessings (Day 6)

November 6th Blessing: My blue-eyed O



This boy is two.  He screamed the entire way home from the park this morning.  Then he screamed and kicked as I tried to get him out of the car seat when we got home.  His tantrum escalated until he screamed so much, in the garage, that he made himself throw up.  I carried him upstairs under one arm praying out loud, "God of wonders... Give us peace."  But, he kept trying to kick me in the throat/face the entire time I was changing his diaper and clothes.  His poor little face was so red from all his screaming.  After his diaper change, I scooped him up in my arms, with his legs still kicking, and rocked him in his chair until he calmed down.  I put my hand over his heart and gently whispered to him until his heart slowed down, and he stopped crying.  Then he settled down enough to quietly listened to books.  I read his three favorite books, and then sang him a few songs as he drifted off to sleep in my arms.  As I carried him over to his bed I looked down at his little face.  It wasn't red anymore.  He was peacefully asleep. Thank you God!  I survived another tantrum.

And I love you little buddy.  I really do.  Two year old tantrums and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment