Thursday, November 7, 2013

November Blessings (Day 7)

November 7th Blessing: The opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom and go on L's Field Trip this morning.

Watching PBS kids online with the kids in the tent
Being able to stay-at-home with my kids is one of the biggest blessings in my life right now.  Oh yes, I've had years (literally) of overwhelming exhaustion, months of feeling isolated and lonely, and days when I just want to run out the front door and never come back again, but I've also shared so many wonderful memories with my kids.  Being in the trenches with them day in and day out for the past 6.5 years has been the hardest job I've ever had, but it's also been the most rewarding.  I'll admit, I've called staying at home with 3 kids my worst nightmare on more than one occasion, but somehow, it's also one of my dreams come true.  I honestly can not imagine my life any other way right now.

Today, I was blessed to go on L's school field trip to the farm.  My father-in-law (worthy of an entire November Blessing Post of his own) was able to take E to school and then take care of O for me.  I've slowly adjusted to having my big boy away at school every day, but I still miss him like crazy.  I am so grateful to have had this day with him.

My L

L and one of his best friends 

 My brown-eyed boy.






No comments:

Post a Comment